Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl XLVI Contenders

Football season is officially over. That means it's time to start looking ahead to next season (if we have a next season). Here are the best possible contenders for next year's Super Bowl.

10. Philadelphia Eagles- I would probably rank them higher, but until I'm sure that Michael Vick is the official starter, I will leave them here. I believe they have the fastest offense, and the defense is solid enough to get them far in the playoffs.

9. Chicago Bears- They were close this year to making it, and I believe they can get back as long as Jay Cutler doesn't qui...I mean get injured again.

8. San Diego Chargers- Philip Rivers is a mad man from December on. As long as they don't put themselves in a hole next year by starting slow again, I believe we'll see them in the playoffs and see them make a run for the Super Bowl.

7. New Orleans Saints- They still have Drew Brees...

6. Atlanta Falcons- Matty Ice is young and should just keep getting better, and the rest of the offense is super talented. If the defense improves a little in the offseason then this could be the team to beat.

5. Baltimore Ravens- I really like this team, and if wasn't for a couple of huge dropped passes, then we could've seen them in the Super Bowl this year. The stars of their defense are getting a little old, but I think they can still hang with the youngsters for another year.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers- You can never count them out. This team seems to always be close every year, and I don't think next year changes anything.

3. New England Patriots- Belichick and Brady got as far as they did with arguably the worst possible supporting cast they've had in years. The defense is super young and should only get better. I like this team to improve and be even better next year.

2. New York Jets- Maybe I've bought into the "Hard Knocks" hype too much, but I loved this team this year, and like them even more for next year. A young, talented offense, and a veteran defense should take them far. Plus, I imagine Rex works his butt off to make sure he doesn't get knocked out in the AFC Championship game for a third year in a row.

1. Green Bay Packers- I think we all saw last night how dangerous this team is. Aaron Rodgers is an elite quarterback in this league, and he's only getting better. They also have one of the top defenses in the league. As long as this team stays together, they'll be the team to beat in 2011-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment